On Thursday, November 2nd, The Schreder Brothers presented and helped sponsor a Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards event in Langley BC.
Flatiron building in Abbotsford – an Algra Bros. Development project, was announced the winner of the 7th Annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards held at the Cascades Convention Centre.
The event catered to thirty-one finalists deriving from the various eligible categories: new institutional, multi-family, retail renovation, commercial, and recreational projects completed between January 1st, 2016 – August 31st, 2017.
The Flatiron building was not only granted the Judges’ Choice Best Overall Entry but also won the Retail category. A second Algra Brothers project, Brixton Station located in Chilliwack, won the award for excellence in Rowhomes.
Awards of Excellence were also presented to the following:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital Child and Adolescent Stabilization unit: won excellence in the Institutional category. Architect/ Designer: Kirsten Reite and Architect General Contractor: Kinetic Construction Ltd. The award was presented by Jamie Schreder from Schreder Brothers Real Estate Group of Royal LePage Wolstencroft.
- The Place on Park Avenue Langley: won excellence in the Multi-Family category. Developer: JMC Properties. Ltd. Architect/Designer: Points West Architecture. General Contractor: MDM Construction (2012) Co. Ltd. The runner-up for this category was Lot Living of Langley.
- Fraser 206 – 20627, 20631, 20633 Fraser Highway, Langley: won excellence in the Retail Renovation category. Developer/Designer: Elevate Development Corp. General Contractor: West Coast Building Restoration Inc.
- Hayer Business Centre, Surrey: won excellence in the Industrial category. Developer: Hayer Builders Group. Architect/ Designer: Taylor Kurtz. General Contractor: Integrated Construction. The runner-up for this category was VIP Soap Products Ltd.
- Tsawwassen Mills Mall: won excellence in the Shopping Centres category. Developer: Ivanhoe Cambridge. Architect/Designer: Stantec. General Contractor: Ledcor Construction Ltd.
- Chorus Apartments, Surrey: won in the Apartments category. Developer/General Contractor: Marcon Developments Ltd. Architect/Designer: Ankenman Associates Architects Inc.
- Sky Banquet and Convention Centre: won excellence in the Mixed Use category. Developer/General Contractor: Jagpal Development Ltd. Architect/Designer: WG Architecture Inc.
- Brixton Station, Chilliwack: won excellence in the Rowhomes category. Developer/Architect/Designer/General Contractor: Algra Bros. Developments. The runner-up for this category was the Cambridge Walk of Surrey.
- Meridian Condominiums, Langley: won excellence in the Wood Construction category. Architecture/Design: Keystone Architecture and Planning Ltd. Owner: L&R Joint Ventures Ltd.
- Parallel North, Abbotsford: won in the Townhomes category. Architect/Design: Focus Architecture. Developer/Contractor: Diverse Properties and Diverse Construction Ltd. The runner-up for this category was Eagle’s Gate, Abbotsford.
- HearthStone Place, Abbotsford: won excellence in the Social Housing category. Architect/Design: CHP Architects. General Contractor: Mierau Contractors Ltd.
“It was a great evening celebrating many accomplishments in engineering and design by local companies that we are blessed to get to work with…Plus the food was amazing. The future is bright in the Fraser Valley,” commented Jamie Schreder from the Schreder Brothers Real Estate Group, one of the participants and category sponsors for the event.
The event was a success and brought light to the many outstanding developments that have surfaced as well as Langley’s thriving commercial building industry.